The PradoRey vineyard lies in Ribera del Duero, in northern Spain. Dating back to 1503, this estate was once owned by Queen Isabella, the powerful monarch who sponsored the voyage of Columbus to the New World. This was a favourite hunting ground for the kings of Spain until the late 1700s – hence the name Prado del Rey, meaning “King’s Meadow”. In the 1980s, new owner Javier Cremades Adaro fulfilled his dream of creating a vineyard in the highest area of Ribera del Duero. With a state-of-the-art modern winery, this is one of the biggest independently-owned estates in the country. From grape to bottle, every step of the vinification process takes place here under the care of PradoRey’s Chief Winemakers, ensuring that every vintage reflects the highest standard of wines from this region.